DESRIST 2019 will host a hackathon with on-the-ground teams. The tasks will be announced on June 4, 2019 at 5 pm. The hackathon will conclude after 24 hours on June 5, 2019 with solutions presented during the social hour on June 5, 2019. More information will be available soon here.
The DESRIST Doctoral Consortium is designed for doctoral students in all stages of their dissertation projects. The DC offers Ph.D. students the opportunity to engage with other doctoral students and to receive feedback from experienced reviewers and scholars. The doctoral consortium will enable second year doctoral students to present and reflect on their work and receive feedback from a panel of experts. To learn more about the Doctoral Consortium click here.
Workshops and Tutorials
DESRIST 2019 is accepting workshop (a collaborative activity designed to advance thinking and discover new insights) and tutorial (a brief overview of the subject matter with hands-on activities) submissions. Proposals should be in PDF format and should include:
- Title of your event – Indicate if you are proposing a tutorial or workshop in your title
- Leaders of the event – You can list all speakers but at least one person should be dedicated as the primary contact
- Goals for your event – learning objectives, outputs, etc.
- A brief description of the event
- A proposed agenda (half day or full day)
You can submit your proposals via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, please include DESRIST WT Proposal in your email subject line.